Monday, May 2, 2016

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation Review

Since I decided to go cruelty free with my cosmetics I have been trying a multitude of foundations. The first cruelty free foundation I tried was from Hard Candy. I was hoping that it would be as good as the one I had recently given up. Here is my review:

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation

First off, this company is super affordable. I love their eyeshadow pallets and the packaging of most of their products is just adorable.



Things that made me smile: price, ease of access, my color
  • I would have to say that the price was pretty nice. I paid $7 for it. I was taught that a bargain is always a good thing. So for me, this is what I'm comfortable spending on a foundation.
  • Ease of access: I live pretty close to a Walmart and was able to get this when I was just running errands. I didn't have to make a special stop to Ulta or any other exclusively makeup store to get this foundation.
  • I would think it safe to say that people on the extreme ends of the color spectrum have a tougher-than-most time finding their shade of foundation. I'm rather pale... okay I'm a ghost! I have a hard time finding foundations that are actually my color and not too peachy or tan. I tend to stick with anything titled "Ivory" or "Porcelain". I got the one titled "Ivory". It matched rather well and didn't have any tints in it or undertones that made me look like I had a bad fake tan.
Things that made me frown: consistency, wearability
  • Like I said, I was hoping this would be a perfect replacement for the foundation I had given up. I was wrong. First it felt like toothpaste consistency and then it just felt like goo. It took quite a bit of blending to make it lay right (and I was using the little goes a long way method). While it did even out and matched my skin tone very well, I did not like the way it felt on my skin. I was very aware I was wearing foundation.
  • I decided to give this puppy the benefit of the doubt and wear it for a day. After a couple hours the foundation had moved/shifted and was actually clumping in little mounds on my face. I had to flatten it back out with my beauty blender. This happened multiple times. 

Overall: I do like the brand Hard Candy, but  I would skip this foundation. It's just not a good product in my opinion.

Score: 2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment